MN Attorney General, other agencies stepping in to investigate Forgery of medical record releases, Criminal charges possible!
Abuses at GE Disability Benefits Center to end soon!
Another beautiful week here on the North Coast, with nice rain cool temperatures and the sun is shining. Thanks for stopping by, the team and I have news to share with you.
WEBSITES & WEBLOG NEWS
It has been absolute pandemonium in cyber world this week as friends have been checking in to get the latest news, enemy's causing cyber mayhem and me sitting around waiting to lose our house and everything else.
Probably the biggest new discovery is the extent of "hacking" that went on in order to access information on my computer, other team members computers and the ftp server. I have been hit the hardest, files altered or removed, access to bank account info, my email, the blog pretty much everything. This has all been verified and going on for a long time.
Fortunately, during the time that I was most sick and (getting hacked really hard) and couldn't figure out why my computers kept acting up, I would simply replace the hard drive, reload my programs and keep going. (that's what you do on med's).
The great thing is that I have four hard drives to give to the feds for analysis. Nice!
This is real stuff Sedgthugs!
Update1: Information relating to forged medical documents " passes through" GE Computer system. Request for GE intervention "Silent".
EVERYONE STOP EMAILING ME, GO BACK TO SNAIL MAIL or the "other way"
GUS GOES TO THE IME
This information was provided directly by "Gus" and yes we have a signed HIPAA release specifically authorizing this press release. Gus has also provided copies of all medical correspondence.
Gus spent nearly a month in the “insane asylum” for the anxiety and depression that the detoxification from methadone caused him. Gus reports it really took a couple of years for him return to a truly even, but sinking slowly, keel. At this time Sedgwick started questioning the legitimacy of his illness in earnest. He was scheduled for a nd required to submit to an exam by a doctor of Sedgwick’s choosing. At this point Gus was still naive and wasn't’t aware that the “true goal” was not to help him with this devastating disease but to find a way to “legitimately” terminate his benefits.
Gus went to the exam and was completely honest with the doctor. It appears the doctor wasn’t paying attention or deliberately misrepresented Gus’s answers to his questions as his report is filled with factual errors. Here are a just a few examples Gus noted in his appeal (he didn’t mention several others) :
- “no trouble swallowing, talking, hearing”. My difficulties swallowing, talking and severe hearing loss in my left ear are documented in the attached files.
- “loud noise did not seem to bother him. No hearing loss or tinnitus.” I have always reported loud noise as a trigger for the pain and this is documented in my attachments. My tinnitus is noted and discussed in my medical files. The hearing loss in my left ear (as a result of the microvascular decompression surgery) is severe as is evidenced in the hearing test results that are included as part of this appeal. Loud noise, as do many of the stimuli that cause my pain, does not always generate an instantaneous response (pain). Sometimes it takes several minutes or longer for the pain to build and present itself. This phenomenon is consistent with “centralized pain” which Dr. Clarks has diagnosed me with and is discussed in an article that I have included with this appeal.
- “admits he has been depressed all of his life" What I said was: “I have always been a bit at odds with the world. Maybe this is a sign of depression, but I see things differently than a lot of the people and have sometimes have a difficult time getting others to see my point of view”.
- “he has been mildly obese most of his life” Until I was 35 I weighed about 175 pounds and could score a perfect 300 on the USMC Physical Fitness test. I only gained weight when I became too ill to exercise as I have all my life.
- “four episodes of claustrophobia” Dr. Chen neglects to mention that during one I was at a depth of over 100 feet (SCUBA diving), exhausted, and probably experiencing Nitrogen Narcosis. He doesn’t mention that another episode was when I was in a room that was dangerously overcrowded and I felt fine after exiting conditions that I considered dangerous. I can’t remember any specifics regarding the other incidents he reports. He neglects to mention that I routinely engaged in activities that other’s only dream of (soloed twin engine jet, sailed single handed 38’ sloop in gale force weather, SCUBA dived since the age of 15 (mostly alone), and generally pushed my self to the extreme limits of my abilities both as a civilian and as an officer in the USMC.
- “maternal grandmother committed suicide” She died in her late 80’s or early 90’s of natural causes.
- “his sister has bipolar disorder and colon cancer” I have no sisters
- “weight 197, height 6’” At the time of the exam I weighed at least 40 pounds more than that (supported by the attached medical records ) and have never been measured any taller than 5’10”.
- “his speech is normal without dysarthria or hoarseness” Other doctors have noted, on occasion, my voice is hoarse.
- “There is no local tenderness over the neck, medial shoulders, and lateral mastoid regions” As is typical with this disease, the trigger points vary with time and the fact that they are not trigger points at one point in time, does not mean that they are not trigger points at other points in time.
- “The gag reflex is present and symmetrical bilaterally” My medical files document that my gag reflex is suppressed on the left side (the side that I experience more difficulty with)
- “his swallowing is normal” I only experience difficulty swallowing when eating. I ate nothing during Dr. Chen’s exam. My difficulties swallowing are noted in my medical files.
- “suffers from chronic major depression for years even before the onset of his alleged ear pain” I was hospitalized for anxiety and depression when I was detoxing from the over prescription of Methadone (260mg/day). Anxiety and depression are common side effects of detoxification, particularly from the levels of Methadone that I had been taking. I have had 2 MMPIs (one early in my illness and one after Dr. Chen’s exam) and extensive counseling, to help cope with the pain and the family difficulties that it has caused. Neither the MMPIs or the several PhD’s I’ve been examined and treated by support a diagnosis of chronic depression prior to my becoming ill. I have been diagnosed with depression secondary to the pain that has caused so much grief in my life.
In addition the doctor noted “her gait is normal”. Gus reports he was not “dressed in drag” the day of the exam. Could the doctor have him confused with someone else, or could this be just a “canned” report. Only the doctor knows for sure.
The IME doctor also neglects to mention in his report that three experts in the field of cranial nerve disorders operated on Gus and came to the following diagnosis’ as a result of seeing the problems with his nerves first hand while they operated on him (an experience the company doctor never had):
Dr. Peter Jannetta (University of Pittsburgh)-Bilateral Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia
Dr. Aaron Filler (UCLA and Cedars Sinai)-Bilateral Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia
Dr. Mario Yco-Eagle’s Syndrome (confirmed by the UCLA Oral Patholgy Laboratory)
Subsequent to this exam Gus was examined by Dr. Glenn Clark a world class expert in Cranial Nerve Pain and is the Chief of Orofacial pain at USC who added Trigeminal Neuralgia to the list. Based upon the known trigger points for Gus’s pain it is also believed that three other cranial nerves are involved. Gus is one unlucky dude!
The IME doctor (being the company man that he is) wrote: “his……non-specific pain syndrome is most likely psychosomatic” in nature and “return to work without limitation”.
This report was not only inaccurate to the 10th degree, but was very stressful for Gus and stress (as it is well known to do) causes chronic pain to worsen. Gus’s pain went off the scale at this point.
As a result Gus went to Dr. John Reeves a well known pain psychologist (past President of the American Pain Society) at UCLA/Cedars Sinai to be evaluated and take a Minnesota Mutiphasic Personality Inventory Test (the gold standard for identifying psychological problems). Dr. Reeves and other doctors Gus has subsequently seen specializing in the psychology of pain have found no evidence to suggest that Gus’s pain is a result of “psychological” problems.
Wow friends, thanks to Mimi for another terrific report.
Send good thoughts, prayers and hugs this way as we can use them right about now. Spend your money wisely, that's what I did.
See you next week