Top News Story
FORGED DOCUMENTS submitted by "Agents" of Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. and General Electric Co. to obtain Confidential, HIPAA protected Medical Records of man with disability.
The nightmare continues. A rational person would believe that this type of continual behavior from GE, MetLife, Sedgwick CMS and now ProSource Billing Inc. couldn't "really" be happening, could it?
Last week, medical providers received an "AUTHORIZATION FOR RELEASE OF HEALTH INFORMATION" from ProSource Billing Inc. under their fax cover sheet demanding medical information on behalf of GE and MetLife.
- The release sent by ProSource Billing, Inc. was a forgery and fraudulent. The document was examined, verified false and sent to the FBI by the medical provider.
If you are interested in the ProSource pedigree, it is part of the holding company Array Services Group. These "people" are a medical collection agency. Take a look at their CEO, J C Christensen and his history. Why would MeLife engage the services of a collection agency to secure my confidential medical information?
- Over the past week, other falsified documents were discovered that originated at the GE Disability Center (Sedgwick CMS). These documents were also examined, verified as forgeries and sent to the FBI by the medical provider.
- The original documents were faxed to the GE Disability Center. The documents were altered / forged and faxed under a GE Disability Center Cover Sheet to medical providers. One of the forgeries that was subsequently discovered was used over a year ago, and thus not an isolated incident.
Yes this has really happened. I wonder what the reply will be when I attempt to contact Mike Hall at MetLife? What was that quote in your letter, Mike?
"Please be aware that Metropolitan Life Insurance Company strongly believes in protecting the confidentiality of information that we collect. Please be assured that we have not provided any of your confidential medical information to anyone who you have not authorized us to do so."
Because the medical releases were forgeries, no one was authorized to retrieve the information that you claim was so sacredly protected. Mike Hall, I hope that you can do a better job blowing smoke up the fed's shorts, than you did with me.
- As to the documents from the GE Disability Center and their helpers at Sedgwick CMS, these documents contained forgeries / fraudulent components as well.
- Most of the forgeries produced, appeared as coming from the UC Davis Health System (their release form) in Sacramento, CA where I had my spinal surgery performed. Are you listening UCD Health System?
Since Sedgwick CMS is a UCD vendor (UCD TPA) and there are thousands of GE subscribers in the UC Health System, I wonder if the rights of the individual will be "respected", or sacrificed for the "Greater Profit" oops, I meant Greater Good of the UC Health Care System?
On August 10, 2008 I notified Frank J. Huffman Senior Vice President Sedgwick CMS, Grace Han Legal Council General Electric Corp. , the General Electric Board of Directors, Fidelity National Financial (Sedgwick CMS stakeholders) and UnitedHealth Group ( also Sedgwick CMS stakeholders) of the information contained above, and that the FBI had also been contacted. As of yet I have received no answer.
My guess is that once again, the GE Disability Center and MetLife will cut off my benefits regardless of the fact that the documents were fraudulent.
After all, I am not refusing to provide the information, GE and MetLife were notified of the appropriate procedure to retrieve the information in a letter sent February 11, 2008.
Unfortunately, I am running out of time. My physical condition continues to deteriorate due to the horrifying stress and despicable tactics imposed by the GE Disability Center and MetLife.
This entire process has consisted of terror, torture and abuse from the very beginning and has continued for years. If you are a regular reader this is no real new news, only another chapter in the continuing saga.
I was recently referred to Mayo Clinic to see if any additional "medical intervention" could arrest or reverse my current deteriorating conditions and unfortunately the answer was no.
Remember that several state and federal court rulings have significantly increased the exposure of employers, due to vicarious actions by Third Party Benefit Administrators (TPA's), make sure your company is protected.
Ask yourself the big question, " Is this the way that YOU or YOUR FAMILY should be treated as an employee of General Electric Co. or when you purchase insurance from Metropolitan Life Insurance Company?" My guess is that your answer will be a resounding NO.
As always the team and I appreciate your thoughts and support in these difficult times for me and my family. Spend your money wisely and just say no.
See YOU next week,
Correction HIPPA to HIPAA 8/21/08